Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A New Year, A New Blog

Hello, everyone! Rubia Ryu the Royal Pomeranian here.

As I've mentioned on tumblr, I'm moving my GSvsAA project here because I don't like how much of a mess I've made of it. It used to be just a home page for my Ace Attorney trivia and translations, and then it became my reblog trash bin. (I also fell into Yakuza and later Smash hell, but that's another story.)

But never mind that! This time I'm running this blog purely for the sake of what it's meant to be. And that means I'm gonna run through the series once again, bringing you all script, dialogue, puns, and cultural context that didn't make it over to the West, as well as version differences between games. And I'll start with the first game as before because there are some things I definitely need to update.

As like before, I will be working with limited resources for these games, so don't expect nearly as expansive databases as with the earlier DS titles:

  • Gyakuten Kenji 2 / Prosecutor's Path
  • Gyakuten Saiban 6 / Spirit of Justice
  • Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
  • Project X Zone 2
  • Dai Gyakuten Saiban / The Great Ace Attorney

Regarding GK2 & DGS, if I do get to them, I will be referring to the fan translations. Because I don't have script rips of those games either, it's gonna be a maybe for now. Sadly, we won't ever see GK2 localized unless they somehow make a GK collection that can be ported to 3DS or Switch (or hell, even XBox because the trilogy has somehow made it on there for some reason). Hopefully DGS1-2 can eventually make it over to the West, but uh, it's been 3-coming-up-4 years that the 1st has been released and Capcom is always slow to respond when they initially run into jams. At this rate, the FF7 Remake will be ready first.

But complaints aside, I hope you guys look forward to more regular updates on here. I can manage something biweekly on average, so let's go with that. If I do have the time, I may release a double post on a given week, but most likely it will be because of a two-parter that's too long for one post or other blog-related updates.

I will stick around tumblr for those couple months while it's still open, but after that, I'm shutting it down. If you still wish to contact me through tumblr, I will keep @rubiaryutheroyal open. No spambot will ever take that name away from meee!

This has been Rubia Ryu. *͡͡͡  〵(^o^)〳

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog, I hope this works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete